Thursday, July 2, 2015

get it together

My child has been sleeping for the last TWO hours, which rarely happens. As soon as I slid him off my arm and carefully shut his bedroom door behind me, I ran to my computer to work on a task I have been so excited to tackle.

Since I had my son I have struggled to find an organization method that has worked for me. I tell my husband all the time that I need a desk so I can leave my papers out and they're not forgotten. Yet, here I am typing away at my kitchen table, haha! Kidding! 

I have slowly been working on organizing my life in my head. I realized that there are three things that need to happen so that I can stay on top of my life and all I have to do.

#1  I need something to motivate me/remind me to look at all the tasks I have written down.
#2 I need a command center or something similar because all things need to be in once place and easily accessible.  I don't want a gigantic filing cabinet with a desk and all of that fancy stuff in our spare bedroom. Reason being is I will not go in there, I never go in there because it's full of stuff I don't want to see.

Hold that thought... of course he's awake! I am really am excited to see him, but darn it I was just getting into the good stuff! :)

Okay he's in his bouncer so I have a little bit of time before he gets board and screams his head off.

#3 I need things to slap me in the face. I can get organized very easily, but staying on top of the process is the hard part.

Here is how I plan to tackle those three goals:

My Motivator: My husband always asks me "What did you do today?" He doesn't mean it as in, what the hell did you do all day, but he's actually curious. I got tired of not being able to answer him so I started keeping a journal. I tally how many times I've changed our son, write down the times I fed him, when he naps, household chores I accomplished and anything else I did throughout the day, even if it says watched TV! This is my number one motivator. I don't enjoy doing nothing and this helps me realize when I need to do something productive and when I have a super successful day. It's fantastic.

One Place & Easily Accessible- CHECK: Okay binders are my best friend now; I use them for everything. I have created a mobile command center with a binder that will keep everything together. The best part is that it's all portable so I can take it wherever I wish! I will break down the details on my binder when I really put it to the test and tweak it as needed. To sum it up, it tracks my spending, income, bills, to do lists, leads and notes for my businesses, meal planning and goal tracking.


A Slap to the Face: Consistency. I have determined a plan to make me more consistent. I put my binder next to my bed with all the tools I will need. Every night I will look at my calendar and binder and determine what needs to be done the next day. The best part is, guess what's staring at me when I wake up. You got it! My binder again, slapping me right in the face.


Can you see my OCD shining through this post! Details and updates are to come! I think I will even include FREE worksheets!

No comments:

Post a Comment