Sunday, August 23, 2015

here's to the future


Over the past few months I have inconsistently been blogging about whatever felt right. My topics are all over the place because there is so much I want to say and share. I recently had a discussion with my husband, Harry, about our future. I told him my number one goal was to work at home, full time, indefinitely. He then asked me the question I avoid at all costs. "Well, what do you want to do to make money from home?" I make money from home now, but the things that I do are not exactly paving my career path.

You may have read my post "Narrow It Down" where I discussed all these crazy ideas that I have. Since that post I have added and subtracted more things than I can count. My brain is wild. I feel like the number one reason that I struggle to "narrow it down" is fear! Fear of rejection and fear of failure due to lack of confidence! I am working on that confidence thing and making a decision. 

I have committed myself to YOU!  Here, is where I feel I belong. So, this morning I started my research.  I was reading up on blogging success and methods of blogging. A lot of them are one topic blogs. I don't want to be like that. Moms have more than one job! Heck we have more than 10, but I won't get into that right now. I also read that consistency is important and blogs should be posted daily. Yikes! Okay, well I have a solution and an answer to my concerns above. 

I have made a commitment to blog every day (Monday through Friday). Every day of the week represents a different topic that I KNOW (from experience) Moms will benefit from. So, without further ado... here is the future of the Scrounging Momma.

Homemaking Monday
Being a stay at home mom is the hardest job I have ever had.  The pay is crap and the labor is hard both mentally and physically.  I want to talk about organizing, schedules, and stuff we can do to keep us sane and our kids happy. 

Real Talk Tuesday
The Scrounging Momma was started to talk about my journey as a stay at home mom. I still want to talk about my journey.  I want to keep things personal & real. 

Work It Wednesday
You know all of those "mom & baby" work outs? Yeah, on Wednesdays we will talk about those.  Running late is my usual cardio so this should be interesting.

Thriving Thursday
Doesn't everyone want to work from home? Most moms either want to be home, but can't afford to eliminate their income completely. Or, they are already home, but would like more of an income. Thursday I will talk about ways to save money and ways to make money from your couch! 

Foodie Friday
This will be my favorite day of the week! I love food and sharing it with those I love. Recipes, health tips and kitchen tricks, will all be shared on Fridays.

I am very excited for the future of The Scrounging Momma! Not only will I be blogging daily, but I am working on a new look and a new website! This all can't be accomplished over night so stand by for my new launch date.

To get a sneak peak of the new look and updates you can "like" me on Facebook!  

No comments:

Post a Comment