Friday, May 29, 2015

a little about me

I guess I'll get the basics out of the way. My name is Sarah or some know me as Sarah Beth. I'm from this little town called Cape May, which is at the very bottom of New Jersey. My family has deep deep roots in South Jersey, so I don't think I'll ever leave. 

I love to cook for people. I hate cooking for myself. In fact, if I'm home alone I'm a grazer. I graze peanut m&ms all day long! My favorite thing to cook is roasted veggies. I feel like people don't understand how roasting even the grossest veggies can make them taste sinfully delicious. I love flavor and I don't ever apologize for garlic or onion breath. My husband understands the height of my bad breath. 

I enjoy fishing when I get the chance. I like going offshore for pelagic fish. The funniest part of me loving to run 70 miles offshore is that I get sea sick. I take motion sickness pills every time we go on the boat. Oh, and I have a weird superstition that we won't catch fish unless we have pretzels on the boat. 

I have an obsession with organizing things. Worksheets, planners, checklists, labels & dividers make me giddy.  My spice jars are labeled, I went there. I also like making invitations for people, so I'd like to start my own Etsy shop full of worksheets that I utilize, cards I've created, and random OCD things that make my life whole. 

I discovered my purpose in life on Decmeber 25, 2014 at 9:34 PM when my beautiful son was placed into my arms for the first time. Seriously thinking about that moment makes me emotional. He is simply amazing and I'm so thankful to be given the gift of a child. 

I am passionate about breast feeding. I can give you 6,000 reasons why I do it and why I think everyone should try to nurse if they're able to. The beginning was painful, but SO worth it. In my second life I'd like to be like my girl friend (and lactation consultant) Lauren who coached me through all my issues and concerns. 

My husband is my best friend. I don't think there's really anything I don't love about him. We got married on 12-12-12. I planned our wedding in less than a day, after calling him and saying "hey want to get married today!" Yeah, that's the most spontaneous thing I've ever done in my life. 

Here we are! 


Other stuff that makes me who I am:
1) I have naturally curly hair and I hate it. 
2) I like my eyes. 
3) I'm petrified of ostriches. 
4)  Disappointing people upsets me. 
5) I do not enjoy traveling, it makes me anxious. 
6) I am a worry wart. 
7) I'm a libra. 
8) I enjoy a good Margarita, on the rocks, with salt. 
9) I have a brown thumb, as opposed to a green thumb, I am excellent at killing plants. 
10) It took me 20 some years to finally admit I'm a spaz (thinking of you Paul- miss you dearly).  

That pretty sums "me" up! 

Find me online and learn more about me! 

Facebook: facebook.com/reelsassy12
Instagram: reelsassy and/or scrounging_momma 


No comments:

Post a Comment