Saturday, May 16, 2015

pick two


A while back I found this on Pinterest. I showed it to my husband and we laughed about it. Never in a million years would I have thought that I'd agree with it. 

So, since I saw that post, I have had a child. When I say your world changes when you welcome your first child into the world, I mean it's like you start living on a totally different planet. I came across this post on Pinterest this past week. It really had me thinking. 


The funny thing about these photos and mottos is that I really wish it wasn't like that. I wish I could do it all. I really want to be super mom and wonder wife. It's incredibly frustrating when I can't get done everything I wish I could. I can sit here and point fingers and make excuses on how I can't do it all, but at the end of the day I'm not perfect. I do the best I can. They say pick two, but that doesn't mean I give up on the rest of the items. I'm just learning to prioritize and realize what's most important to me. 

So, what's my 2? My heart says thriving love life & more time with my kid. However, I get caught up in the ones that my mind thinks are most important, which are a clean house and healthy meals. Sometimes I feel like completing those tasks makes for a good relationship and happy/healthy child. Deep down I know that TIME is what makes a relationship grow. It's not what you do for them, it's what you do with them. 

So, all you moms out there, chin up! All we can do is our best. Don't get caught up in the things "women are supposed to do" because it's a load of crap!

This is a pretty raw post for me, so I hope you enjoyed it! 

xo Your Scrounging Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment